The Fifth Month of pregnancy
The Fifth Month of pregnancy by Famhealth
In this month there is maximum growth for the baby, hence maximum weight gain for the mother. The mother can expect to gain about 500gm per week
Changes In The Mother
- Skin pigmentation might become darker but will fade post delivery.
- The breasts may start producing colostrum, a yellowish cloudy substance that nourishes the baby in the initial days. Don’t try to squeeze it and just wipe it away.
- There might be increase in the vaginal discharge
- One might experience bleeding gums
- Increased chances of having aches and pains and back problems.
- The nipples may become darker
- The breasts may have increased in size dramatically
- The top of the womb is level with the navel
- The faint fluttering inside the abdomen indicates the movements of the baby.
Features of the Baby
- Length : 25 cm (10 inch)
- Weight: 340gms
- Hair appears on the baby’s head.
- Teeth are developing
- Vernix, the substance that protects the baby’s skin in the womb forms
- The baby’s arms and legs are well developed
- The baby can grip firmly with his hands
- His legs are in proportion to the rest of the body
- The baby is very active and the mother must have noticed it as the rise of bubbles.
- The baby may even react to noises around the womb.
- If the mother is feeling well, it is a good idea to take a short holiday now
- Wear low heeled shoes
- Avoid straining your back and keep your posture straight.
- Start thinking about essential clothes and equipments for the baby like a pram, cot etc.
- Take adequate coaching on how to protect your back and the correct postures for standing, bending, lifting and working at a low level. It is equally important to get up the correct way after lying down
Question Of The Day
Is a long journey advisable?
Though this is the ideal time to travel, but a long car journey is not that advisable as the back may be strained. It is advisable to take a break every 2 hours or so and walk around a little bit, it helps in increasing the blood circulation and eases any discomfort. It is also advisable to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
To read more on Pregnancy, click on the link below,