Diabetes Recipe – Baked Lemon Fish With Tomatoes
Preparation :15 Minutes
Cooking :20 Minutes
|Makes 4 Serving (Amount per serving)|
|Total Sugars (g):||5|
|Dietary Fibre (g):||3|
|Total Fat (g):||9|
|Saturated Fat (g):||2|
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 720 g (6 oz) thick white fish fillets, skin and bones removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine
- ½ cup (125ml) salt-reduced chicken stalk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 ℃
- Spread the onion, garlic and thyme sprigs in roasting pan that will be large enough to hold all the fish fillets, with a little space in between. Place the fish on the top and season well with freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the lemon slices over the fish and scatter the tomatoes and bay leaves around the fish. Combine the olive oil, wine and stock and pour over the fish.
- Bake the fish for 20 Minutes.
Remember to manage your portion sizes. Recommended portion size should not exceed 2 servings/helpings. Consuming diabetes friendly recipes in inappropriate portion sizes may lead to spiking of your blood glucose levels.
For more related recipes, click o the link below.