Diabetes Recipe – Chicken with Cherry-Pepper Relish
Preparation :20 Minutes
Cooking :8 Minutes
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1¼ pounds total)
- 1/3 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen unsweetened pitted dark sweet cherries, finely chopped1-ounce semisoft cheddar cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh garlic chives
- Coat an unheated large non-stick frying pan with cooking oil; heat over medium flame. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add chicken to the frying pan. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (165o), turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together the roasted peppers, cherries and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer chicken to 4 serving plates. Top with a pepper-cherry mixture, cheddar and garlic chives.
|Makes 4 servings (Amount per Serving)|
|Total Sugars (g)||2|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||2|
|Total Fat (g)||2|
|Saturated Fat (g)||324|
Remember to manage your portion sizes. Recommended portion size should not exceed 2 servings/helpings. Consuming diabetes friendly recipes in inappropriate portion sizes may lead to spiking of your blood glucose levels.
For more related recipes, click the link below.