Hearty Chicken Stew
Preparation :25 Minutes
Cooking :27 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh cut into 11/2-inch pieces (1 pound)
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium spring onion, thinly sliced (2/3 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium round red potato, cubed (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Cracked black pepper
- Heat oil over medium flame. Add chicken, carrots, celery, spring onion, and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is brown on all sides and vegetables are cooked. Stir in chicken broth, potato, green beans and ground black pepper.
- Bring the broth to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Stir mixture into cooked stew mixture. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Serve the stew into four bowls. Sprinkle each serving with cracked black pepper.
|Make 4 servings (Amount per serving)|
|Total Sugars (g)||8|
|Total fat (g)||8|
Remember to manage your portion sizes. Recommended portion size should not exceed 2 servings/helpings. Consuming diabetes friendly recipes in inappropriate portion sizes may lead to spiking of your blood glucose levels.Note
For more related recipes, click the link below.