Dealing with Sunburn
How to identify the sun burn?
Sun burn can be identified if someone experiencing these sings.
- Red spots , or redness.
Home remedies for sunburn
- Place a cool compress on sunburned for immediate sunburn relief.
- Take a cool shower or bath to cool the sunburned skin.
- Add one cup of apple cider vinegar to a bath to help balance the pH of sunburned skin, and promote healing.
- Add some lavender or chamomile essential oil to the bath to help relieve some of the stinging and pain.
- Add 2 cups of baking soda to the bath to help ease irritation and redness from sunburn.
- Avoid soap or perfumes in the bath water as these can be drying on already dry and sunburned skin.
- Use lotions that contain aloe Vera to soothe and moisturize sun burnt skin.
- For hydrating the body, drink lots of water, juice, or sports drinks.
- Apply cool, not cold, milk with a clean cloth to your sunburned skin. The milk will create a protein film that helps ease sunburn discomfort.
- Apply yogurt to soothe the sunburned skin.
- Apply freshly brewed tea after it has cooled to sun burnt skin using a clean cloth which helps to draw heat from sunburned skin.
- Apply teabags soaked in cold water to sunburned eyelids to soothe the burn and reduce inflammation.
- Chill cucumbers, then mash in a blender to create a paste, and apply to affected sunburned areas including the face.
- Boil and mash some peeled potatoes, let cool, and apply as a dressing to sunburned areas.
- Apply cornstarch and water mixed paste to soothe sunburn.
Visit doctor if the sings / pain persist for longer time.
To read more on Patient Care, click on the link below.
Content Courtesy : Portea