Quinoa-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon smooth natural peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 3 ounces cooked shrimp
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped red cabbage
- ¼ cup julienned bell pepper
- ¼ cup julienned carrots
- ¼ cup julienned cucumber
- ¼ cup avocado Fresh mint and sesame seeds for garnish
- 1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Combine stock and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, sprinkle bell peppers with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast cut side down until skin begins to char, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4.While bell peppers roast, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, garlic and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 10–12 minutes. Add reserved quinoa. Sprinkle with parsley and stir to combine.
- 5.Turn bell peppers cut side up and fill halves evenly with quinoa mixture. Drizzle with oil as desired. Heat in the oven until warmed through. Served topped with cheese.
Content Courtsey: Nutriassetes