Questions to ask during Discharge
Here are some must-ask questions. ….
- What diagnosis/diagnoses (exact medical issue and it’s prognosis) was my loved one treated for?
- Can he/she do their daily needs by their own?
- Is there any need of certain medical supplies or equipment and how/where do we get these items?
- How can I receive the proper training to provide the necessary care for my loved one, like changing dressings for a wound or using a feeding tube?
- Can we get discharge plan?
- Which all medicine to be taken and when?
- When should we come for the next doctor’s review?
- What diet plan needs to be followed?
- Do we need to check blood glucose or BP at home?
- Whom should we contact if in case of any medical emergency/need?
- Can you explain the do’s and don’ts for the better healing at home?
- Can I get any home assistance from the hospital?
To read more on Patient Care, click on the link below.