Healthy Recipe Heart
All the tastes, color and fun of a spring roll without all the work! This healthy salad recipe is bursting with the colors of rainbow from generous amounts of fresh vegetables and shrimp all topped with a peanut dressing for the ultimate satisfying salad.
- 1 tablespoon smooth natural peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 3 ounces cooked shrimp
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped red cabbage
- ¼ cup julienned bell pepper
- ¼ cup julienned carrots
- ¼ cup julienned cucumber
- ¼ cup avocado Fresh mint and sesame seeds for garnish
- 1. Whisk peanut butter, oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, tamari (or soy sauce), water, garlic and crushed red pepper (if using) in a small bowl until smooth to make the dressing – peanut sauce
- 2. Combine lettuce, shrimp, rice, cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, cucumber and avocado in a bowl.
- 3. Add dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with mint and sesame seeds, if desired.
Content Courtsey: Nutriassetes